How do I secure my WordPress site with SSL in 5 easy steps?
WordPress strives to protect its users. After all, they are a company that benefits from their own customers. They will do their best by protecting their customers from online attacks. However, there are factors that could lead to a website security error, such as human error.
A user of the WordPress website is expected to customize his own website. This is a great opportunity to personalize your own protection and experience with WordPress. However, it can also become a vulnerability if you overlook stronger security settings.
Securing your website
Since there are human downsides to managing a WordPress website, there are a few things to keep in mind when working. Never let human error become your own weak point.
• Keep WordPress Core up to date: when WordPress releases security updates, WP Engine can ensure that your site receives them. Whenever possible, we recommend that you do not postpone these updates. If WordPress core updates are released, it is recommended to test the updates on your staging site. You can then create the update on your live website as soon as you have confirmed all functions.
• Always update your plugins and designs: plugins and design authors frequently publish security updates. These updates can also help to optimize the plugin so that it works well with the current versions of WordPress. It is important to keep up to date with these plugin and design updates. Out-of-date software is the most common cause of malware or infections on websites, as their security features are lost after the period of validity expires.
• Never log in to WordPress on a public computer: If you log in to your website from a public computer, your administrator credentials may be vulnerable to other users using the same computer or to other users on the network.
• Two-factor authentication logon: Implementing two-factor authentication (2FA) for logging in is one of the simplest but most effective ways to prevent brute force attacks. They work by adding an additional level of login security by requesting additional proof of ID, such as a code generated by cell phones or secret questions. The WP Google Authentication plugin is a good example of a 2FA plugin that can be easily installed to secure your site login.
• Regularly check admin users: It is recommended to occasionally check users for your WP admin area and for SFTP (in the user portal) to ensure that only those users who still need access are allowed. This is also a good step to ensure that your website users only get the required level of access (author, publisher, administrator, etc.).
Secorio offers many security functions
There are many options available online, but Secorio, in collaboration with Code Guard, offers the most efficient features for businesses. It has many other features that help keep your website stronger than other security tools. This is the website review tool that combines a Web Application Firewall (WAF) that is delivered through a Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN). It is a fully functional website security review tool from the 24/7 Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC) certified security analyst. It is supported by a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) that uses data from over 85 million endpoints for detection to mitigate threats before they occur.
With Code Guard from Secorio, I was able to eliminate the hidden malware on our company website within a few minutes. Thanks to Code Guard, in addition to constant malware monitoring, I now also have a simple and reliable option for website backup services.
To strengthen the firewall function of the web application, you will find further functions here that Code Guard has at its levels.
Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC)
Your team of certified cybersecurity experts who are available 24/7 and provide 24/7 surveillance and repair services.
Security information and event management (SIEM)
Website security for my website offers enhanced intelligence that uses current events and data from 85 million endpoints and 100 million domains.
Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Website security for my website has a global system of distributed servers that improve the performance of websites and web applications.
The website security for my website is equipped with PCI scanning and enables retailers and service providers to comply with the PCI DSS guidelines.
Monitoring and eliminating malware
Website security for my website identifies malware, provides the tools and methods for removal, and helps prevent future malware attacks.
You will receive the first test free of charge for all the advantages of free Code Guard protection! No credit cards needed. Our products are suitable for interested online entrepreneurs to increase the security of their websites as a service. Secorio Code Guard contains unique, sophisticated web security functions as service functions that are not available as service tools in other web security systems.