CSR generation: Microsoft IIS 8.x.
How to create a CSR on Windows Server 2012 - IIS 8 and Windows Server 2012 R2 - IIS 8.5
- Click on the home screen or search for and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager .
- Click the server name.
- From the center menu, double-click the " Server certificates" In the “IIS” section (in the middle of the menu).
- Then click " Create certificate request ... " in the "Actions" menu (on the right). The Certificate Request Wizard opens.
- In the Distinguished Name Properties window, enter the information as follows: Common Name - Common Name - The name by which the certificate is accessed (usually the fully qualified domain name, e.g. www.domain.com or mail.domain.com). Organization - The legally registered name of your organization / company. Organizational unit - The name Your department within the organization (this entry is often listed as "IT", "Web Security" or is simply left blank). City / Town - The city where your organization is located. State / Province - State in which your organization is located. Country / Region - If required you will find yours in our list two-digit country code .
- Click Next.
- In the Cryptographic Service Provider Properties window, enter the following information and then click Next : Cryptographic Service Provider - Select from the drop-down list Microsoft RSA SChannel ... from , unless you have a specific cryptography provider.
Bit Length - Select from the 2048 drop-down list (or higher).
- Click the ... box to move to a location where you want to save the CSR file. If you just enter a file name without navigating to a location, your CSR will be saved in C: \ Windows \ System32, remember the file name you chose and the location where you save it. You must open this file as a text file and copy the entire body (including the tags to begin and end the certificate request) into the online ordering process when prompted.
- After you have received your Secorio SSL certificate, you can install it, see IIS 8- und IIS 8.5-SSL-Zertifikatinstallation .