How Can We Help?
Installation of the SSL certificate for Exchange 2013
If you have not yet created a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and have ordered your certificate, read Exchange 2013 CSR Generation
Step-by-step instructions for installing Sectigo for Exchange 2013 will help you navigate through the updates made in the new version of Exchange. Use the tutorial below or contact our support team if you encounter any problems during the process.
Install using the Exchange Management Console
- Download the ZIP file with your certificate and open it. Your certificate file is named your_domain_name.cer .
- Copy the file your_domain_name.cer to the network share folder of your Exchange server (where you saved the CSR).
- Access the Exchange Management Center by opening a browser and navigating to https: // localhost / ecp
- Log in with domain \\ username as the format for the username and enter your password.
- Click the link to servers in the left column and then click Certificates in the top right.
- Wählen Sie Ihr Zertifikat aus dem Menü in der Mitte des Bildschirms aus (aufgelistet nach dem angezeigten Namen) und klicken Sie dann auf den Link «Vollständig» in der rechten Spalte.
- Enter the network share path where your certificate file is located
- The certificate should be successfully installed on the server.
- To enable your certificate for use, return to the Exchange Management Center's Certificates section, highlight the certificate you want to use, and click the Edit button.
- Click the Services option on the left.
- Select the services for which you want to activate your new certificate and click Save.
Your certificate should now be installed and activated for use with Exchange.
Export to your ISA server ( VERY IMPORTANT )
When exporting your certificate, make sure that all certificates are included in the certification chain when prompted. Otherwise your certificate will not work properly.